How to use LinkedIn to promote your business
Aug 8, 2012, 12:55 p.m.
Now that you have your business started, it's time to get busy with promotion. There are many avenues to follow, including popular social media websites like LinkedIn. Using social media for business promotions is an excellent opportunity to make connections that can benefit your own interests.
LinkedIn is one of the primary business oriented websites to consider using, primarily because it is devoted to business networking and socializing. Use LinkedIn for business promotion, for finding outlets for your consulting business and to network with others who are in a similar or supportive business state.
Searches on this platform are expected to exceed 5.3 billion in 2012. The company, located in Mountain View, CA, is managed by highly experienced and knowledgeable executives from major online companies like Microsoft, Yahoo!, Google and others. Over 2 million companies are actively using their LinkedIn pages, including major Fortune 500 companies. The website features knowledge sharing Groups that you can join, to find or share business advice and experiences. You also can use LinkedIn to find a job or locate a contractor you want to work with.
Use LinkedIn for business promotion
- The first thing you want to do is to go to the website and register so you can create your own business webpage.
- Create your profile and enter information, photos, links, etc., into your webpage.
- Start to build your "professional network" at LinkedIn by contacting other members and inviting them to join you. Send out introductions to members not in your Groups.
- Next, send out invitations to friends, associates and others to let them know you are online at LinkedIn.
- Be sure to post a link to your LinkedIn webpage on any other social media websites you belong to or when you leave messages for others.
- Add your link to your email signature line; all emails will then have an easy link to your webpage.
- Include your link information on any other promotional or printed information, such as your business card, flyers or advertisements.
Do not be shy about learning the ropes of social media networking, especially as applied to promoting your services, products, website or other business activities. LinkedIn for business is, in the same vein as Facebook, one of the first websites social media users will look at when they want to achieve a special purpose; in this case, business interests. According to their own statistics, this website has over 161 million members across the globe, in over 200 countries, thus making LinkedIn the largest professional network online.
Content Provided by Spot55.com