• The 41st annual Maple Syrup Festival will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. April 7 and 8 at Bradys Run Park Lodge, Beaver Falls. Enjoy all-you-can-eat buttermilk or buckwheat pancake breakfast served with pure maple syrup made in Bradys Run Park. Festival features entertainment on two stages, Civil War re-enactors, handmade crafts, pony rides, stoneground flour and more. Admission and parking are free. Cost for breakfast. is $9 adults; $5 children 12 and under. Call (724) 378-1701 or visit beavercountyconservationdistrict.org.
• Opening day at South Side Historical Village will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 14 at Hookstown Fair Grounds, 1198 State Route 168, Hookstown. Volunteers will be welcoming visitors to the Village. Children will enjoy the first ever “Flags Are Fun” workshop at 1 p.m. The children can learn about the flags of the world and design one of their own. Donations appreciated. Call (724) 573-4569 or visit sshva.wordpress.com.
• The Beaver County Lighthouse, 720 3rd Ave., New Brighton, will host a spring craft and vendor show from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 14. Show is free and features various jewelry vendors and handmade jewelry crafts, 31 Products, Pampered Chef, crochet works, bath bombs, handmade wreaths, pet items and much much more. Light refreshments will be available. Call (724) 846-1111.
• Beaver County March For Babies Walk will take place at 9 a.m. April 14 at CCBC Dome, One Campus Dr., Monaca. Lace up your sneakers, get your friends and family on your team and join over 400 residents who will walk three-miles throughout the campus for stronger, healthier babies. Register at marchforbabies.org/event/beaverpa. Call (412) 506-8612 for details.
• A Chocolate Sunday will take place from 2 to 5 p.m. April 15 at Seven Oaks Country Club, 132 Lisbon Rd., Beaver. Enjoy sweet and savory samples from 30 vendors, extensive basket auction, door prizes, artwork and decorative items for purchase. Benefits McGuire Memorial. Cost is $25 per person. Call (724) 728-3716.
• Tea For Tails will take place from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. April 15 at the Center Township Fire Hall, 3385 Brodhead Rd., Aliquippa, sponsored by Beaver County Humane Society. Dress up in your finest and enjoy tea sandwiches, dessert, raffles, 50/50 and more. Special guests will be the shelter animals. Participate in the best hat contest and win prizes. Reservations must be made in advance, as the event sells out fast. Cost is $25 per person. Call (724) 775-5801 or visit beavercountyhumanesociety.org.
• Colonial Tavern Night will take place from 7 to 10 p.m. April 20 at Vicary Mansion, 1235 Third Ave., Freedom. Step back in time and enjoy an evening of music, games, libations, wenches and tavern fare. An “open house” atmosphere. Adults only. Cost is $15 per person or $25 a couple. Call (724) 775-1848 or visit bchrlf.org.
• Come out to Bradys Run Park Baseball Fields, Achortown Rd., Beaver Falls, for a Star Party starting at dusk April 21. Weather permitting. The event is sponsored by the Beaver County Amateur Astronomers. Bring telescope or binoculars or some will be available to borrow. Call (724) 601-2898 for more information.
• Grandparents gather up the grandkids and come out to enjoy a relaxing day together at the 18th annual Jack Wilson Fishing Derby sponsored by The Little Beaver Lions Club from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 21 along the Little Beaver tributary in Darlington. Entrance fee is $4 per person or $10 per family. Prizes awarded to all age brackets. For more information or to register, call (724) 462-4288 or email email@example.com.
• Ambridge Community Spring Home and Garden Show from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 28 at Ambridge Do It Best Home Center, 500 Ohio River Blvd., Ambridge. Come out to meet with local contractors and suppliers. Enjoy presentations, great food and children’s activities. Call (724) 266-3040 or visit ambridgeregionalchamber.org.
• The Ambridge International Wine and Food Walk will take place from to 1 to 5 p.m. May 5 on Merchant St., Ambridge. Stroll down Merchant Street, sip fine wines from around the world, sample great appetizers, meet local merchants and enter many raffles. Cost is $25 per person. Ages 21 and older. Call (724) 266-3040 or visit ambridgeregionalchamber.org.
• Hookstown Fair Grounds, 1198 State Route 168, Hookstown, will hold a spring social from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 5. There will be food, music, activities for young and old, or just take a leisurely walk through ”The Village” and learn from the volunteers and artisans. Donations appreciated. Call (724) 573-4569 or visit sshva.wordpress.com.
• The seventh annual Old Economy Village Garden Mart will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on May 12 at Old Economy Village, 270 16th St., Ambridge. Heirloom vegetables and other plants from Old Economy’s greenhouse will be available for purchase. The gardens will be filled with vendors selling plants and garden related items. Free garden admission. Call (724) 266-4500 or visit oldeconomyvillage.org.
Circle of Friends
Baden Circle of Friends, 371 Linmore Ave., Baden, will offer the following:
• April Showers Bingo at 4 p.m. April 10. Cost is $6.
• Pinochle Tournament at 9:30 a.m. April 11 and 25.
• Breakfast Club Card Party at 9:30 a.m. April 18. Cost is $5 and includes continental breakfast and table prize.
• Annual Ladies Tea and Fashion Show at 11:30 a.m. April 21.
• Kick Off to Exercise at 1 p.m. Fridays.
Call (724) 869-4224 or visit cofbeaver.com.
New Brighton Circle of Friends, Holy Family Parish, will offer the following:
• Spring Gift Bingo at 12:30 p.m. April 5. Cost is $5.
• Chair Yoga at 12:30 p.m. April 10 and 24.
• Birthday Recognition April 12.
• Card Party from noon to 4 p.m. April 16. Cost is $6.
• Breakfast Card Party at 9:30 a.m. April 27. Cost is $5 and includes breakfast, table prize and lunch.
• Trip to Meadows Casino April 30.
Call (724) 846-1959 or visit cofbeaver.com
Center at the Mall activities
Center at the Mall (CATM), Beaver Valley Mall, Monaca, offers:
• Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser at 5 p.m. April 4.
• Blood Pressure Screenings at 10 a.m. April 6, 12, 19 and 27.
• Bunco League at 2 p.m. April 10 and 24.
• Senior Day at the Mall at 10 a.m. April 11.
• Birthday Lunch Celebration at 11 a.m. April 12.
• DCI Massage Therapy at 9 a.m. April 19.
• Healthy Steps for Older Adults at 8 a.m. April 19.
• Karaoke Night at 4 p.m. March 21.
• Seniors for Safe Driving (renewal course) at 9 a.m. April 23.
• Hometown Pharmacy Information at 10:30 a.m. April 24.
• 6th Annual Juried Art Exhibition April 26, 27 and 28.
• Hard Rock Casino Day at 8 a.m. April 30.
• Tournament of Roses Trip Presentation at 2 p.m. May 1.
• CPR Class at 1 p.m. May 9.
Visit centeratthemall.com for more information or call (724) 774-5654 to make reservations. Follow the center on Facebook at facebook.com/CenterattheMall.