Center at the Mall activities
• Movie Mondays at 1 p.m. December 3, 10 and 17.
• Lunch & Learn (Medication Safety) at 12 p.m. December 10
• Collette Travel Trip Presentation at 11 a.m. December 11.
• Bonanza Bingo at 12:15 p.m. December 13.
• Christmas Luncheon at 1 p.m. December 15.
• Wheeling Island Casino and Oglebay Lights Trip at 12 p.m. December 17.
• Christmas Party at 10:30 a.m. December 20.
• New Year’s Party at 11 a.m. December 27.
• Lunch & Learn (Managing Neuropathy) at 12 p.m. January 14.
• Rivers Casino Trip at 9 a.m. January 29.
Center at the Mall is located at Beaver Valley Mall, Unit
284 in Monaca. For all programs, events and fitness center
hours and class schedules, visit centeratthemall.com. To
make a reservation for lunch or an upcoming programs,
call (724) 774-5654.
Circle of Friends activities
Baden Circle of Friends, 371 Linmore Ave., Baden, will offer the following:
• December 4: Annual Christmas gift card bingo; $10 includes meal, six hard cards, unlimited wins and
specials offered; pre-registration required by November
26; dinner at 4 p.m.
• December 12: Pinochle Tournament and Christmas celebration, 9:30 a.m.
• December 19: Christmas Munchie Bingo, 2 to 4 p.m.; $6 dinner immediately following bingo
• December 26: Pinochle Tournament 9:30 a.m.
• January 9: Pinochle Tournament 9:30 a.m.
• January 15: “Soups On” Bingo, special dinner at 4 p.m.; bingo immediately following; $6
• January 23: “Warm Up” Bingo, 2 to 4 p.m.; dinner immediately following; $6
• January 30: Pinochle Tournament, 9:30 a.m.
Call (724) 869-4224 or visit cofbeaver.com.
New Brighton Circle of Friends, Holy Family Parish,
will offer the following:
• December 6: Package bingo, 12:30 p.m.
• December 10: Card Party, noon to 4 p.m.
• December 11: Christmas Party with music by Gene Testa, noon to 1 p.m.
• December 18: Christmas Party with entertainment by Divine Inspirations, noon
• December 27: New Years Bingo, 12:30 p.m.
• December 28: Breakfast Card Party, 10 a.m.
• January 3: Package Bingo, 12:30 p.m.
• January 14: Card Party, noon to 4 p.m.
• January 25: Breakfast Card Party, 10 a.m.
• January 25 ”Warm Up” Bingo
Call (724) 846-1959 or visit cofbeaver.com.
• Beaver County Christmas Extravaganza (formerly the Beaver County Festival of Trees)
The Lodge at Brady’s Run Bradys Run Park, Beaver Falls.
Call (330) 502-9882 or visit bcchristmasextravaganza.org
The Beaver County Festival of Trees has changed its name and added a third weekend for all to enjoy. Takes place from noon to 9:30 p.m. on December 1, 2, 8 and 9 and from 5 to 9 p.m. on December 7 at Bradys Run Park. Walk into a Winter Wonderland with a wide variety of creatively designed Christmas trees displayed each with a different theme. Visit the North Pole Café, Santa Land, Candy Lane gift shop, and model train display and local entertainment. Senior day is December 2. Cost is $7 for ages 13-62, $6 seniors 63 and older, $4 children 6-12, and five and under are free.
• Genevans Christmas Concert
First Presbyterian Church 1103 Eighth Ave., Beaver Falls 7 p.m. on December 1 and 2. Call (724) 847-6837 or visit geneva.edu
Enjoy a night of harmonious melody as the Genevans lift their voices in praises to Jesus Christ. Donations accepted.
• Center Theatre Players Christmas
Memories IV Musical Rochester Borough Theatre, 350 Adams St., Rochester. Call (724) 888-7054 or visit
Celebrate the Christmas season with this heartwarming variety show sure to delight the entire family. Show times are Thursday, December 13 through Saturday, December 15 at 7:30 p.m. with a 2 p.m. matinee on Saturday, as well. Tickets are $15.
• Christmas at Vicary House
Beaver County Research and Landmarks Foundation
1235 Third Ave., Freedom. Call (724) 775-1848 or visit bchrlf.org
Christmas at The Vicary House will take place from 2 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, December 1. Enjoy various Christmas trees that highlight decorations from different historic time periods. Christmas music will be presented by local choirs; demonstrations by bobbin lace makers, tatters and woodcarvers. Donations appreciated.
• Christmas in the Village
Old Economy Village Historic District.
270 16th St., Ambridge. Call (724) 855-0511 or visit oldeconomyvillage.org
The Historic District comes alive on Sunday, December 2 from 2 to 7 p.m. Enjoy a candlelit stroll along cobblestone streets, Ohio Valley Lines train display, unique crafts, art studio displays and food items.
• Beaver County Model Railroad Christmas Season Open House
Beaver County Model Railroad and History Society. 416 Sixth St., Monaca. Call (724) 843-3783 or visit bcmrr.railfan.net
The annual Christmas season open house at the Beaver County Model Railroad and History Society takes place every weekend in December. Features HO Scale layout with DC and Digitrax DCC operation. Donations appreciated.
• Ohio Valley Lines Model Railroad Holiday Open House
Ohio Valley Lines Model Railroad, Library and Museum. 1225 Merchant St., Ambridge. Call (724) 266-4787 or visit OhioValleyLines.org
The museum houses a 400-foot DCC model operating railroad depicting the late ‘50s and early ‘60s from Ambridge/Pittsburgh local to Wheeling, West Virginia with full scenery, logging area, steel mill, coal and farming operations. Train sets will be given away at random times. Open noon to 5 p.m. every weekend in December and through the first weekend of January 2019.
• Ridings Family Holiday Train Display
McCarl Industrial and Agricultural Museum.
803 Plumb St., Darlington. Call (724) 846-8841
The museum hosts its annual Christmas train display from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays and from noon to 4 p.m. Sundays throughout December.
Multiple trains run through a variety of landscapes, and tours of the museum given. Free of charge; donations appreciated.
• Santa at the Log Cabin
Little Beaver Historical Society, McCoy Log Cabin, 803 Plumb St., Darlington. Call (724) 827-8841 for times
Children of all ages are invited to this 1812 log cabin decorated in its holiday finest with a roaring fire in the fireplace. Treats for the kids will be provided and the reindeer barn will be humming with activity. Visit Santa or walk down a path of Christmas inflatables.
• Christmas Memories IV Musical
Rochester Borough Theatre, 350 Adams St., Rochester. Call (724) 888-7054 or visit centertheatreplayers.com for show times
Christmas Memories is fast becoming one of the area’s most enjoyable holiday traditions. Celebrate the Christmas season with this heartwarming variety show featuring a new list of songs. Tickets are $15.
• Miracle on 34th Street
Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center One Lincoln Park, Midland. Call (724) 576-4644, option 2 or visit lincolnparkarts.org
“Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.” The Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center presents the classic “Miracle on 34th Street. Call for show times. Tickets are $20.
• The Nutcracker
Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center, One Lincoln Park, Midland. Call (724) 576-4644, option 2 or visit lincolnparkarts.org for show times
Follow Clara through the fantastical Land of Sweets with your family. Continue a holiday tradition or start a new one. Tickets are $18, $20 and $25.
• Beaver County Figure Skating Club Holiday Ice Show
Beaver County Recreation Center (Ice Arena), 121 Bradys Run Rd., Beaver Falls. Call (724) 462-8321 or visit bcfsc.org
Check out some holiday figure skating on Friday, December 7 at the club’s Holiday Ice Show. Tickets are $8, children three and under are free. A Skate with Santa is also available for $5. Call for dates and times.
• Beaver Valley Muscians Union Holiday Concert
CCBC Dome, One Campus Dr., Monaca. Call (412) 485-8808 or visit bvmusiciansunion.org
Enjoy the musical sounds of the holiday in this free special concert on Wednesday, December 5 at 7 p.m. Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland