• Volunteer part-time office support is needed at Beaver County Catholic Charities Outreach. The position involves administrative support to the daily operations of Catholic Charities programs, including reception of clients and phone calls, general clerical, sending out thanks you letters and taking care of donations. Volunteers are also needed in Lawrence, Butler and Washington Counties. Contact Bonnie Rolison, at (412) 456-6696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wags and Walks will take place from 8 to 11 a.m. May 6 at Bradys Run Park track, 121 Bradys Run Rd., Beaver Falls. Enjoy a morning walk with your furry friend while benefiting the Beaver County Humane Society. It will also be Derby Day so feel free to dress your pet for the occasion. Cost is $10. Call (724) 775-3944 or visit
• The sixth annual Old Economy Village Garden Mart is set to take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 6 at 270 16th St., Ambridge. Shop for plants and other garden related treasures. Admission is free. Call (724) 266-4500, ext. 101 or visit oldeconomyvillage.org.
• Equinox Little Big Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. May 11 at Beaver Falls Middle School Auditorium, 1601 Eighth Ave., Beaver Falls. Cost is $20 for adults and $5 for students. Call (724) 843-2941 or visit bvcommunityconcert.org.
• A free bus trip is planned for WWII and Korean War Veterans to visit their Memorials in Washington, DC. May 18. This one day trip departs early and returns between 9 and 10 p.m. Departure points are Beaver, North Hills, Greentree and Monroeville. Box lunch and dinners are provided as well as snacks and drinks. There is a registered nurse on each bus. Wheelchairs provided upon request. For more information or to make a reservation, call (724) 709-3614. All donations are gratefully accepted so the trip can be free to the veterans. Make checks payable to WWII Memorial Bus Trip and mail to Wesbanco Bank, 701 Corporation St., Beaver, Pa. 15009, Attn: Heather N. Seating is reserved for veterans only.
• A Forever Family 5K run and fun walk will take place at 9 a.m. May 20 at Irvine Park, 799 Corporation St., Beaver. Sponsored by Adoption Connection, this race is meant to raise funds to help grow awareness for the need of permanency whether through infant or older child adoptions. Cost is $15 for walkers; $25 runners. Call (724) 371-0671.
• Come out to the North Country Trail for a McConnells Mills State Park 3-mile hike at 1 p.m. May 21. Meet at Cheeseman Road parking lot, past Breakneck Campgrounds, from Route 19 in Portersville. Sturdy footwear is recommended as this trail on both sides of the creek is somewhat rocky and uneven. All are welcome. Call (724) 827-2350 or visit northcountrytrail.org/wam.
• The annual Beaver Memorial Day Parade and Program is set to take place at 10:30 a.m. May 29 on Third Street, from Beaver to Buffalo Street. The Memorial program honors all veterans and includes an invited guest speaker. All military veterans, active or retired, are invited to march in the parade. A program will take place at the Receiving Chapel in Beaver Cemetery following the parade. Call (724) 728-3783.
• New Brighton’s Memorial Day Parade will take place at 10 a.m. May 29 on Third Avenue, between 13th and 6th Streets, New Brighton. Come enjoy the parade and stay for the service immediately following. Call (724) 846-9377 or visit newbrightonpa.org.
• Hookstown Grange annual Memorial Day Car Cruise will take place from noon to 3 p.m. May 29 at Hookstown Fairgrounds, 1198 State Rt. 168, Hookstown. Dash plaques for the first 50 vehicles. Lunch will be served in the Grange Hall Cafeteria. There will also be a 50/50. Free admission. Call (724) 573-9044.
• Mark your calendar for the Baden community yard sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 3. Maps are available at the Baden Borough building, 149 State St., Baden, one week prior to the sale. Call (724) 869-3700.
• The Western Pennsylvania Soap Box Derby local race is set to take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 3 at 14th Street and Duss Avenue, Ambridge. Come out to support the nearly 40 local kids racing to win and represent Western PA in the All American Soap Box Derby World Finals. Call (724) 777-0568 or visit wpsbd.org.
• The annual Garrison Day craft sale will take place from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. June 10 at Downtown Parks, Beaver. This event features a large selection of arts and crafts, antiques, food and refreshments, an art show, music by the Fort McIntosh Fife and Drum Corps and other lively entertainment. Admission is free. Call (724) 775-7174 or visit beaverheritage.org.
Center at the Mall activities
Center at the Mall (CATM), Beaver Valley Mall, Monaca, will offer the following activities:
- Brain games at 10 a.m. May 2.
- Chair volleyball at 11 a.m. May 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30.
- Blood pressure screening at 10 a.m. May 4, 11, 18 and 26.
- Lunch and learn at noon May 5.
- Riverside Chiropractic screenings at 10:30 a.m. May 9.
- Bunco league at 2 p.m. May 9 and 23.
- Senior Day at the Mall at 10 a.m. May 10.
- Birthday lunch celebration at 11:30 a.m. May 11.
- Woodcarver’s workshop at 10:30 a.m. May 13.
- Blings ‘N Things sale May 15 to 19.
- Wheeling Island Casino day trip at 9 a.m. May 29.
- Forever Young Walk/Run at 10 a.m. June 10.
Baden Circle of Friends
Baden Circle of Friends, 371 Linmore Ave., Baden, will offer the following events:
- Light aerobic classes sponsored by Progressive Home Health at 10 a.m. May 3 and 24. Advance sign-ups appreciated.
- Seniors for Safe Driving May 5. Advanced registration is required. Call the center for details.
- Pinochle tournament at 9:30 a.m. May 10 and 31.
- Birthday party recognition May 11.
- Penny bingo spring party May 11. Registration appreceiated.
- Bingo dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. May 23. Cost is $6.
- Ask the Physical Therapist from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. May 24.
New Brighton Circle of Friends
New Brighton Circle of Friends, Holy Family Parish, will offer the following events:
- Healthy Steps will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 3. Advance sign-up required. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Card party from noon to 4 May 8. Cost is $6.
- Birthday party May 11.
- Friday dance with Wally Merriman from 7 to 10 p.m. May 12. Cost is $7 with snacks and drinks provided.
- Ladies Day at 1 p.m. May 18 with Phil the Magician. Cost is $5.
- Casino trip to the Meadows May 22.
- Spring bloom party May 23.
Call (724) 846-1959 or visit cofbeaver.com.